Is there a way for the server to know what port the client is trying to connect to

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 4, 2009, at 9:59 AM, J R <jayare...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Multiple concurrent connections between a client and server are

achieved by use of so-called "ephemeral ports" at the client end.

The port number at the server end is predetermined and fixed so

that a client always knows where it has to connect to.

It is not necessary that the port number at the client end be

known ahead of time since no one needs to connect to it.

Rather, a server needs to respond to it and knows what it is

from the connection request.

=======