I certainly misunderstood then (though luckily all of my information is still
accurate!).  As Chuck Arney said, once you ACCEPT a socket the address
structure that is returned contains the IP address and port that the client
connected from.  (That is, the same information that you would get if you used
GETPEERNAME on the socket that is returned by ACCEPT.)

Frank
--

Frank Swarbrick
Applications Architect - Mainframe Applications Development

On 11/4/2009 at 6:09 PM, in message <009e01ca5db4$abfc1000$03f430...@net>, Joe
Reichman <joereich...@optonline.net> wrote:
> Seems like I am looking for GETPERNAME after the SELECT to see the port that
> the client is using

The information contained in this electronic communication and any document
attached hereto or transmitted herewith is confidential and intended for the
exclusive use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
examination, use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
or any part thereof is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail
and destroy this communication.  Thank you.