We have a number of jobs that have many steps. One of those steps is an
IDCAMS reproing a number of datasets.

Fairly frequently (at least 151 times according to the problem tracking
system, starting in March this year (running z/OS 1.18 then, z/OS 1.10
now)) the job gets

REPRO OUTDATASET(xxxxx.xxxxx.xxxxx) -

       INFILE(DD1)

IKJ56225I DATA SET xxxxx.xxxxx.xxxxx ALREADY IN

IKJ56225I USE, TRY LATER

IKJ56225I DATA SET IS ALLOCATED TO ANOTHER JOB OR USER

IDC0005I NUMBER OF RECORDS PROCESSED WAS 0

IDC3003I FUNCTION TERMINATED. CONDITION CODE IS 12

It's not always the same dataset and it's not in every run.

Any ideas how to find who has the dataset?

I tried RMF Mon III, no luck, nothing in the joblog/syslog.

I've used an MPF exit to issue a D GRS in similar situations but with no
msg in the syslog this won't work in this case.

I don't think its HSM.

When this happens operations restarts the step and it completes
successfully.

Alan