How does replacing one mainframe with loads of hot running servers save money? This is nothing more than more Accenture bigotry against mainframes. The regulatory environment is likely to dictate LESS brands and services in the future, especially if a Glass-Steagall replacement is eventually enacted. Banks are being told to go back to being banks. I would ask what Accenture is missing?

Doug

Kelman, Tom wrote:
Accenture is saying that now might be the time for banks to replace
their core systems and retool to new technology.  They don't actually
say it, but it sounds to me like their saying that big banks should get
off the mainframe.  ---- comments?

http://www.banktech.com/blog/archives/2009/11/why_the_time_fo.html?cid=n
l_bnk_daily