I don't see how protecting SYS10 would affect SYS10ddd. Those are separate
HLQs. And, at least in RACF, you cannot "wild card" an HLQ profile. E.g. SYS1*
is invalid in a RACF profile. You'd have SYS1.* or SYS1.** or ... . I don't
know either ACF2 or TSS.

Also, IIRC (unsure), RACF somehow "knows" if a dataset is a temporary dataset
or not in most cases and does not do any RACF processing on known "temporary"
datasets. I remember this because somebody on the RACF forum was complaining
about RACF rules affecting "temporary" datasets in some CA product. It turns
out that the product was, somehow, generating a "permanent" dataset with a name
that looked like a temporary dataset and RACF was failing that access. The fix
was required to the product, not RACF.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets(r)

(817) 255-3225 phone * (817)-961-6183 cell