>My sources tell me that SoftDate supports Java.

A basic set theory-ish question: did you mean this:

... { SoftDate, ... } [is a time testing tool that] support[s] Java [for
z/OS, and there may be other tools that do as well].

or this:

... { SoftDate } [is the only time testing tool that] support[s] Java [for
z/OS].

or this:

... { SoftDate } [is a time testing tool that only] support[s] Java [for
z/OS, and not other programming languages].

?..

- - - - -
Timothy Sipples
IBM Consulting Enterprise Software Architect
Based in Tokyo, Serving IBM Japan / Asia-Pacific
E-Mail: timothy.sipp...@us.ibm.com