On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 15:43:07 -0200, ITURIEL DO NASCIMENTO NETO
<4254.itur...@bradesco.com.br> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I would like your advice when reserving 512Kb below 16Mb line.
>During years i've coded :
>
>         L     R7,LDASIZA           Size of A.S. Region Below
>         L     R8,LDAESIZA          Size of A.S. Region Above
>ASSIGN0  DS    0H                   Region=0M
>
>         ST    R8,REGLIMA           REGLIMA = EPRIVATE
>         S     R8,LSQAA             R8 => REGLIMA = Max - 15M
>         ST    R8,REGSIZA           Save EXTENDED REGION-SIZE
>         ST    R7,REGLIMB           REGLIMB = PRIVATE
>         S     R7,LSQAB             R7 => REGLIMB = Max - 512K
>         ST    R7,REGSIZB           Save
>         OC    REGFLAGS,Highbit     TELL VSM BRAFUSI SUPPLY INFO
>LSQAB    DC    A(512*1024)          LSQA Below (512Kb)
>LSQAA    DC    A(15*1024*1024)      LSQA Above (15Mb)
>

>I was told that this code was not actually saving LSQA, then i was
>instructed to code :
>
>         L     R7,LDASIZA           Size of A.S. Region Below
>         L     R8,LDAESIZA          Size of A.S. Region Above
>         S     R7,LSQAB             R7 => REGLIMB = Max - 512K
>         S     R8,LSQAA             R8 => REGLIMA = Max - 15M
>ASSIGN0  DS    0H                   Region=0M
>
>         ST    R8,REGLIMA           REGLIMA = EPRIVATE-15M
>         S     R8,@500K             REGSIZA = REGLIMA-500K
>         ST    R8,REGSIZA           Save EXTENDED REGION-SIZE
>         ST    R7,REGLIMB           REGLIMB = PRIVATE-512K
>         S     R7,@100K             REGSIZB = REGLIMB-100K
>         ST    R7,REGSIZB           Save
>         OC    REGFLAGS,Highbit     TELL VSM BRAFUSI SUPPLY INFO
>@100K    DC    A(100*1024)          100K
>@500K    DC    A(500*1024)          500K
>LSQAB    DC    A(512*1024)          LSQA Below (512Kb)
>LSQAA    DC    A(15*1024*1024)      LSQA Above (15Mb)
>
>Is There a better option ?
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Atenciosamente / Regards / Saludos
>Ituriel do Nascimento Neto
>Banco Bradesco S/A
>4254 - DPCD Engenharia de Software
>Sistemas Operacionais Mainframes
>Tel: +55 11 4197-2021 R: 22021   Fax: +55 11 4197-2814

The LDA contains what the sizes are, but I've never updated those
control blocks directly via IEFUSI.

FWIW,  I look at the GDA and for  below 16M set region limit to "ALL-512K" and
region size to "ALL-64K".    There is no real reason to reserve LSQA above.
Whatever isn't in use for extended private can be used for LSQA.  When
those 2 boundaries hit each other is when your address space will die.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:mark.zel...@zurichna.com