I've got my first mainframe C++ application. It runs under Windows.
(Obviously, that's not the same as running under z/OS, but the point is it's
"a complete program." My concern at this point is getting it to link, not
run.) It compiles cleanly under z/OS C++. I have long names and want the
load module in a PDS, so I'm running the compile/pre-link/link proc. There
are eight object modules from eight source files in an HFS path. I'm good up
to that point. Questions:

1.       How do I specify the input to the prelinker? I tried LIBRARY with a
DD name pointing to my object path and all of the object files listed in
parentheses. If I do that, the prelinker runs to completion with a zero
return code and nothing in SYSPRINT, but the link fails on a SYSLIN that is
apparently empty (wrong length record, that sort of thing). SYSLIN is the
same dataset as the prelink SYSMOD. How do I know if the prelinker actually
did anything? My guess is that it did not. (SYSMOD specfies FB/80/3200 and
SYSLIN lets it default.)

2.       If I specify INCLUDE with a DD pointing to the main() object module
and LIBRARY with a DD for everything else, I get a warning of unresolved
extrns, but it still runs to a zero completion, and I still get the same
error out of the link editor.

Any clues? Is the prelinker documented anywhere other than the C++ User's
Guide? Thanks,

Charles Mills