On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 16:47:10 -0500, Farley, Peter x23353 wrote:

>I would have thought that IBM code (JES included) would have long since
>been converted to use DESERV (or the internal equivalent) to allow code
>and data to reside above the line and run AMODE=31, for VSCR reasons if
>no other.

Among candidates for early conversion should be:

o ISPF.  It should abandon its RYO directory extraction.

o DESERV support for Unix directories.

I can now assemble or link with a mixture of Unix and Classic
directories in SYSLIB.  However the DDLIST MEMBER command will
bypass any Unix file and show a Classic member later in the
catenation.  I consider this a blatant deception; I reported
it to IBM, who says that DDLIST is intended to show only an
ISPF's-eye view of the library concatenation, not the Assembler's
nor the Binder's.  WAD.

For that matter, why doesn't DDLIST simply do BLDL, which
would show the member actually found by the utility?

-- gil