From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2005 10:04 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: FTP continuation character

In a recent note, Charles Mills said:
> From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Thu Oct 13 10:47:30 2005
> Date:         Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:42:00 -0700
>
> Interesting information. Thanks.

How does the '+' continuation character mentioned earlier in
this thread interact with line numbers?  (I avoid line
numbers, rigorously, so this is just from curiosity.)

And why can't QUOTE be continued?  Is there a syntactic ambiguity
with '+', or is this just another adverse manifestation of Conway's
Law?

> Didn't realize that LRECL > 80 was supported. (Everything I am about to
say
> about the FTP doc is based on the 2.10 doc which is what I have most
readily
> at hand. It may be obsolete.)

Ummm.  Last time I tried, FTP quietly truncated my command at 256
characters.  I circumvented with a chain of "CD" commands before
the GET/PUT.