On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 12:07:22 -0800, Schwarz, Barry A
<barry.a.schw...@boeing.com> wrote:

>On a z9 BC running z/OS 1.8, there is a noticeable (~2 minutes) pause in the
IPL sequence while zFS "initializes," accompanied by a non-scrollable message
on the log that eventually does clear.  We don't IPL that often so it is not a
big deal for us.

This is probably cause becaue the file system hadn't been properly shutdown.
This causes the file system to be verified when starting.

If you issue

F OMVS,STOPPFS=ZFS

before you finish shutting the system down, I think it will come up faster.

--
Richard