>Hello all, we are planning to migrate from z/os 1.7 to 1.11. In our
>planning we are trying to decide if we want to go to zfs instead of the
>hfs. Is there anyone out there that can think of any good reasons not to
>go to zfs when we do our upgrade?

The suggestion about waiting until you get to 1.11 is stellar and decrease the
complexity by some factor.

In general I attended SHARE a few years ago when going to zFS was the Hot
Topic. We had converted totally over to zFS. Seems to me IBM said the future
was zFS and HFS was being phased out. Kinda stopped looking for the drop-
dead date after that. Maybe the direction has changed to keep both around.

In general at the time, the hot topic was having many, many, many, many,
etc,  objects in one zFS directory and the lookup to find the member ATE your
CPU alive in a Parallel Sysplex. IBM promised they were looking into improving
that performance. Until it was redesigned it was "Don'ta do it" or if it hurts
touch it, do not touch it.  Hopefully that problem has been addressed.

jim