McKown, John wrote:
I made some changes to by UNIX BPXPRMnn members to test going to a sysplex root. I IPL'ed the system. There were problems. But the message from z/OS is useless. It tells me to refer to the HARDCOPY LOG. Like somebody has a 3287 printer any more? Or any printers? (we don't! All print is outsourced.)...

What messages did you receive? I thought that HARDCOPY LOG referred to your SYSLOG or OPERLOG.
As in the command 'D C,HC'.  Don't you have that on DASD somewhere?

> I am wondering if others think it would be a good idea for IBM to make > some sort of way to see the error messages on the NIPCONS?

I see NIP messages when I connect to the NIP console specified in the IODF. We use a third party product to save the console messages so that they do not roll off to oblivion.

--
Gabe Tully