Steve Comstock wrote:
>So, maybe, it's not as bad as you first intimated, eh? I don't see a
consistent, current problem of not getting "common basic *service*"
from your current vendors out of the discussion above.

Thanks for reminding me, I forgot to add this *current* and *consistent*
service problem we're currently experiencing. I wanted to add that, but got
distracted by other more urgent work... ( I must do my work, you see... ;-D )

To be fair to that vendor, things are now going fine these days fortunately,
but we're monitoring this.

That vendor wrote some custom application on one of our database systems.
Unfortunately it was somewhat buggy resulting into outage and
incompatibilities. We have some trouble to communicate to them via e-mails
and to get them to fix their software. There are other problems too, but I will
not discuss them here.

Eventually it boils down to skills shortage and lack of commitment on their
part.

Most of the times I'm very happy to work with vendors, because we (and
other datacentres) are the reason for their existance.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht