All,

at a customers site we encounter a problem that I don't understand... maybe any of you can give me a hint..

At first, at the client side the LE-Option "TRAP(ON,NOSPIE)" is in effect and z/OS 1.10 is running. The described problem does not occur with z/OS 1.9!

Our main program (all COBOL) registers a user condition handler using CEEHDLR and queries a resume point using CEE3SRP.

The address of the resume point is stored in a COBOL-Variable marked "EXTERNAL".

Now, from another sub-program we issue a COBOL-SORT (using an INPUT and OUTPUT PROCEDURE) and encounter a S0C4. Our condition handler get's called, but the EXTERNAL-Variable containing the address of our resume point is NULL. Furthermore, the complete WORKING-STORAGE of our condition handler is completely fresh.

I guess the reason is that the SORT runs in its own enclave?!?!?

So, I check if the resume-point is NULL/ZERO - if yes, I GOBACK from my condition handler after I've set the flag PERCOLATE (like in the current case if I catch an ABEND within the COBOL-SORT processing).

Now... the funny/bad thing is, that the jobstep ends not with the S0C4, it ends with CC=0..... WHY?!?!?!?!?

As said, if running with TRAP(ON,SPIE) everything is fine. And TRAP(ON,NOSPIE) is even fine under z/OS 1.9 - but z/OS 1.10 gives me the CC=0.... WHY? Anything I miss?

Bye & Thanks,
Michael