On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 16:01:55 -0600, Dave Kopischke
<dgkopisc...@oppenheimerfunds.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 15:25:43 -0600, Mark Zelden
><mark.zel...@zurichna.com> wrote:

>>>One thing I just noticed though, when I swapped the service class over to
>>>STC, I didn't change the Workload Name within the service class. Would
>that
>>>possibly keep it from assigning properly ??? Hmmmmmm
>>>

>>What does "swapping the SC over to STC" mean?
>
>Instead of making up a new service class, I just added a rule under STC to
>assign the existing service class to the JOB name. There is a workload name in
>the service class definition though. I did not change that though, so I'm not
>sure if that might have kept it from being assigned.
>

>>Are you confusing the FTP daemon's SC with the process that gets started
>>when someone initiates the FTP?   Once the FTP is initiated, do you see
>>the process in an SDSF PS screen or have you tried doing a unix ps display
>>like "ps -Af" (do it as superuser) to see what is says is the userid?
>>

>No, I see the daemon and see other daemons spawn as connections and
>commands are run. I found the user ID with the Display line command in SDSF
>PS. I displayed the process to ensure I had the names right - FTPPROD. There
>is a started task that I believe is associated with the OMVS process. The
>started task is what actually receives the default service class that keeps the
>FTP from running. Once I manually set the service class on the started task,
>the FTP process finishes.

2 things:

1) Initiate the FTP.  After you initiate it, please do a "D A,userid" and post
that.

2) Can you screen print the OMVS classification rules from WLM.  It should
like something like this one (from a sandbox plex here):

Subsystem Type . : OMVS        Fold qualifier names?   Y  (Y or N)
Description  . . . OMVS Classification

Action codes:   A=After     C=Copy        M=Move     I=Insert rule
                B=Before    D=Delete row  R=Repeat   IS=Insert Sub-rule
                                                             More ===>
          --------Qualifier--------               -------Class--------
Action    Type       Name     Start                Service     Report
                                         DEFAULTS: OMVS        OMVS
 ____  1  TN         CTG*     ___                  SYSSTC      CICS
 ____  1  TN         FTP*     ___                  SYSSTC      NETWORK
 ____  1  TN         ETCRC*   ___                  SYSSTC      SYSTEM
 ____  1  TN         ETCINIT* ___                  SYSSTC      SYSTEM

3) Screen print the service class specified under DEFAULTS.  For example:

Service Class Name . . . . . : OMVS
Description  . . . . . . . . . OMVS Service
Workload Name  . . . . . . . . OMVS      (name or ?)
Base Resource Group  . . . . . ________  (name or ?)
Cpu Critical . . . . . . . . . NO        (YES or NO)

Specify BASE GOAL information.  Action Codes: I=Insert new period,
E=Edit period, D=Delete period.

Action  #  Duration   Imp.  Description
  __
  __    1  4000        2    Execution velocity of 40
  __    2              4    Execution velocity of 15

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:mark.zel...@zurichna.com