>>ftp's children run under the userid with which the
>>remote user logged in; and the jobname is derived from that
>>userid as well. You can't catch ftpd's child processes
>>with ftpd's userid.
>>

><snip>
>
>No, but you can do this to force the same jobname for all by doing
>something like this in the ftp server proc:

Right and I'm sorry again for the incomplete post from this morning.
It is exactly this _BPX_JOBNAME option that I was vaguely remembering
all over a sudden and that I wanted to look up first.

Nevertheless, the rule you posted is assigning SYSSTC to each an every
file transfer.

>Action    Type       Name     Start                Service     Report
>                                         DEFAULTS: OMVS        OMVS
> ____  1  TN         CTG*     ___                  SYSSTC      CICS
> ____  1  TN         FTP*     ___                  SYSSTC      NETWORK
> ____  1  TN         ETCRC*   ___                  SYSSTC      SYSTEM
> ____  1  TN         ETCINIT* ___                  SYSSTC      SYSTEM

Is this really what you want? I'd either assign a different jobname to
the ftpd servers (_BPX_JOBNAME=FTPCLIEN) and then assign a separate
service class to the "clients" (I know they are server processes as per
client/server convention :-)

You may even want to prefer some userids in case you've got some automated
transfers:

 ____  1  TN         FTPCLIEN ___                  FTPSTD      NETWORK
 ____     2   UI         SYSXFER                     FTPHIGH     NETWORK
 ____  1  TN         ETCRC*   ___                  SYSSTC      SYSTEM