Yes, the client is running as root....

I have no idea why the root ID needs extra setup efforts. Could you give me
some clue? Thanks!

________________________________
From: Jan MOEYERSONS <jan.moeyers...@adelior.be>
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Sent: Fri, January 22, 2010 6:59:50 PM
Subject: Re: z/OS SSHD Configuration Issue

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 20:30:08 -0800, Anson Ye <ye.an...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

debug1: identity file /root/.ssh/identity type -1
debug1: identity file /root/.ssh/id_rsa type 1
debug1: identity file /root/.ssh/id_dsa type -1

Is this client running as root? I seem to remember that there is (much and
complex) extra set-up to do in order to allow root to connect through ssh.

I'd suggest you try to connect from a regular user account first.

Cheers,

Jantje.