SCSI Disks in a 2105-800? That never happened. The ESS used SSA disk drives,
or FC-AL drives with a SSA/FC-AL bridge.

And there is no way EMC, STK or HDS are going to let you plug pull apart a
HDD assy and plug an FC-AL drive from an ESS into it to use as a spare. If
the vendor doesn't stop you the microcode probably will.

New generation subsystems being cheaper than the maint on a superseded model
has been position normal for as long as I can remember.

Ron

Behalf Of