(Would this be better on MVS-OE?)

This is utterly weird!  On Solaris 10, I do mvslogin, then cd to
a PDS, then do "wc *" (count lines, words, and characters in all
the members).  I see:

135$ ( cd /my/mvs/PDS && wc * )
       0       0       0 a
       0       0       0 b
       0       0       0 c
       0       0       0 d
       0       0       0 e
^C
139$ (stopped)

The members appear to be there, but empty!

At about the same time, on a Solaris 8 system, I do
the same and see:

137$ ( cd /my/mvs/PDS && wc * )
       0       0       0 a
       0       0       0 b
       0       0       0 c
       0       0       0 d
       0       0       0 e
       0       0       0 f
      59     301    4779 g
     143    1129   11583 h
     138    1096   11178 i
      96     770    7776 j
^C
139$

... the members that Solaris 10 reported as empty appear likewise
empty to Solaris 8!  Members beyond that point appear OK.  If I let
Solaris 10 run longer, more members appear empty on Solaris 8.  If
I wait long enough and try again on Solaris 8, everything looks fine.

Surmise:  when I attempt to read a member with Solaris 10, something
goes wrong; the member is reported as empty.  But something caches
this information (who else but MVS.MVSNFS?)!  So members read
incorrectly on Solaris 10 appear likewise incorrect on Solaris 8
until the cache decays.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Ugh!

-- gil