On 2/5/2010 10:15 AM, Phil Smith III wrote:
On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Bruno Sugliani<oldti...@wanadoo.fr>  wrote:
     The main reason a lot of customers moved from this platform to "weaker"
ones
     is often because they did not need z/OS stability in the first place and
     could save money by moving on other OS'es .
     This aspect is sometimes forgotten by people and when or if something
     happens on the new platform, the usual laugh about the weakness of the new
     platform but mainly the stupidity of the management is brought forward
<snip>

This is an excellent point. "Good enough is good enough" is something too many shops have forgotten
-- consultants rant about "best of breed", when "good enough" is more appropriate. I'm as
big a z bigot as any of you, but it doesn't make sense for everyone.

True enough, but the customers aren't consistent either.
We had a group that demanded sub-second response time, and complained
whenever they didn't get.

But when they move to a Windows based system, suddenly 30 second
response to a mouse click was ok.

--
Richard