Martin,

The distance will have a large affect on your IO response time. Reads will
have 1ms of round trip latency for every 100km, and writes will have 2ms of
round trip latency for every 100km.

I'm not aware of any switch products that provide spoofing for FICON writes
if you use a DWDM. If you want to use network Channel extension than YMMVAL
- Your Mileage May Vary A Lot.

Ron

Behalf Of