From: Ken Porowski
Sender: IBM Mainframe Discussion List
To: IBM Mainframe Discussion List
ReplyTo: IBM Mainframe Discussion List
Sent: Feb 18, 2010 16:46
Subject: Re: Moving data from z/OS to a desktop

True, I didn't explicitly state that you need to test.  My humble
apologies if I assume that the "mindset" of Mainframers is to ALWAYS
TEST regardless of what a vendor states is compatible (or even
functional).  My bad.  One of the posters implied that "zip" (among
others) was a "universal format" with several vendors offering products.
I merely wanted to point out that there may be inconsistencies in the
various implementations so "buyer beware".  It is of course possible
that I'm the only one who has ever come across any issues ;-).