Absolutely fascinating Anne and Lynn.

I was just a lowly COBOL applications programmer back in those days and
finally taught myself  BAL.  I do remember the sad day of the "unbundling"
and no more freebies.

And then a few years later,  I remember the day someone in the software
group at Banker Trust, NY, showed me this new thing called, CP67, that could
do what???????? Run other operating systems?  Impossible.  Unheard of.

We were all stunned.

I have since come to realize that even though MVS is more robust with more
functionality, that when all is said and done, VM is really the only "true"
operating system, because it is the only operating system that can run other
operating systems.  In effect reducing MVS to the level of a CICS.

How fascinating to see the evolution of software from VM/CMS to VAX/VMS and
from GML to HTML.

Absolutely amazing.

You have a phenomenal background.

You should write a book, the History of Data Processing, if you have not
done so already.

These things are too important not to survive the wreck of time.

George Henke
(C) 845 401 5614