On 2/19/2010 9:32 PM, Edward Jaffe wrote:
Pinnacle wrote:
I just got this Email today for a Java developer at $90-110/hr. Last quote I got for an MVS systems contract in NJ was $65/hr. IBM's plan is working to perfection.

System z administration is supposed to be getting easier. As it does, the relative pay scales *should* go down, making System z more competitive from a TCO standpoint.

I agree that System z administration is getting easier and I think that is a good thing. The days of the typical MVS administrator wearing a lab coat are over. And there is nothing inherent in this that prevents technical pursuit. The repeated lamentation over this evolution and the demonizing of IBM is old and only serves to illustrate a lack of adaptation.

--
Gabe