On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 15:43:05 -0600 Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com>
wrote:

:>On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 14:17:29 -0500, Mark Jacobs wrote:

:>>>> You may want to look into handling the ENQs yourself and not let SVC99 do
:>>>> them.  Look at S99FLAG2 bit S99NORES.  This tells SVC99 to not do the
:>>>> ENQ/DEQ.

:>>> Unless I'm missing something, I hope this facility isn't
:>>> available to nonauthorized callers.

:>>You are correct it's not.

:>Still, I'm trying to imagine what even an authorized program
:>could usefully and safely do with a data set allocated with
:>no ENQ, given that absent that ENQ any other program, even
:>unauthorized, could make that data set, all its extents, and
:>its DSCBs vanish without warning.

:>Perhaps with a reserve on the VTOC(s)?

You are aware, of course, that an authorized program can access the dataset
without even going thru OPEN and without a single DD statement?

http://www.dissensoftware.com