Jared Stofflett wrote:
I'm a totally blind programmer who needs to learn mainframe assembly.
All the books that appear to be available were written before
electronic publishing became popular. What resources are available in
electronic format to teach myself assembler on the mainframe? A search
of the popular electronic book sites with a programming focus such as
http://www.safaribooksonline.com came up dry and IBM Redbooks doesn’t
appear to have any introductory assembler material. Thanks for any
info.

Interesting. So you have a mail client that reads emails out loud?

Are you aware that the latest versions of Acrobat Reader have
an option to "speak"? Under the View menu, option Read Out Loud
lets you activate and deactivate the Read Out Loud facility.

Not sure if it meets your needs. If it does, we can use our
Remote Contact Training option to go through our Assembler
curriculum. Do you have access to a mainframe for running the
labs? Contact me off-list if you wish to explore this further.

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

* z/OS application programmer training
  + Instructor-led on-site classroom based classes
  + Course materials licensing
  + Remote contact training
  + Roadshows
  + Course development