I looked at that years ago. The issue I kept coming up with was to remember to
re process the panels after maintenance.
It might be semi acceptable on a small shop but when you have various people
applying maintenance is could cause headaches.
To me it just wasn't worth the exposure. I certainly can understand the look
at. I would suggest as a painless easyway for essentially buyback with little
or no effort is to put the applicable ISPF libraries into LPALIB or lpalist
(probably the second is easiest).
We did that from DAY 1 and we never went back. We had a "hotshot" performance
guy in and he suggested it and was surprised that we had already done it.

Ed

________________________________
---------------------------------<snip>-------------------------------------

>Hello everybody:   I would like to request  people's opinions on taking the
>trouble of preprocessing ISPF panels.  We have been preprocessing ISPF and
>SDSF panels for a long time now (at least the portion of those that are
>preprocessable) and I never personally noticed any performance gain from
>preprocessing.  That is, the non-ISPF and non-SDSF panels which we don't
>preprocess don't seem to load perceptibly slower that ISPF/SDSF ones.
>Also, all those preprocessed libraries at the top of the ISPPLIB
>concatenation:  don't they make the search longer for any panel load?   Thus
>offsetting any performance gain from preprocessing?    Thanks, Nur Allen,
>Systems Pgmmer Analyst, County of Santa Clara

I've never noticed any performance difference, even on a fairly small
machine (z/800 0A1)