From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Mark Zelden
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2010 12:03 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: SMP/E datasets question

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 11:29:20 -0500, Rabbe, Luke
<luke.ra...@countryfinancial.com> wrote:

>The SMP/E User's Guide states:
>
>...each SCDS is directly related to a specific target zone, and each target
zone must have its own SCDS.

>It also says this about the MTS, STS, and LTS.
>
>Why is that?  I have a couple SMP/E environments with multiple target zones
and only one set of SMP/E datasets.

So do the DDDEFs or APPLY JCL you have used for the other zones share
those same data sets between target zones?   If so, then you probably have
a corrupt environment.   The LTS may be empty or not used, or even if it
is you can just delete everything from it and allocate separate ones per
zone.  The SCDS, MTS and STS - not so.     Another possibility is you
only apply to one and clone the other zones, if so, you are also fine, but
the cloning process for a target zone should also clone those 4 data sets
along with the VSAM CSI and the product(s) target data sets.

Mark
mailto:mzel...@flash.net