> :>  ARR is a software concept, not machine architecture.  Nothing special
> :>happens with regard to an ARR when the PC instruction is executed.
>
> :> RTM2 processing examines the linkage stack to look for ARRs.
>
> Maybe I am looking in the wrong manual, but the POPs does not show me where
> this ARR pointer is saved in either the Entry Table or Linkage Stack entry.
>
> But if I understand you correctly, enabling the ARR as part of a PC
> instruction is free?

The ARR address is (indirectly) stored in the entry table entry so YES,
"enabling an ARR as part of a PC is (completely and utterly) free".  RTM2
examines the linkage stack backwards from the time of error to select the
recovery routine to give control to. The order in which error recovery
routines are given control is spelled out in the topic "Providing Recovery"
in the Assembly Language Programming guide.

--
This email might be from the
artist formerly known as CC