On 18 Mar 2010 02:08:09 -0700, gad...@malam.com (??? ?? ???) wrote:

>Unix files use just LF as the end of line character
>Windows files use CR and LF as the end of line character.

There may be some options on his Unix machine.   For instance, there
are editors available on Macs that will save a file either way. Maybe
there is a utility available on the OP's Unix machine to translate.

But my work has Unix machines as well as Windows machines, and FTPing
between them and our mainframe seems to be completely transparent in
this regard.    Maybe that's because we don't use variable length
files on the mainframe.