From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf
Of Diane Goodwin
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 10:23 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Need to find alternative to shared storage because of
ALLOWUSERKEYCSA parm

Hello, Please bear with me.  I'm normally a CICS System programmer.

We all know the default setting for ALLOWUSERKEYCSA was changed
to "NO" from yes.  This causes a problem for our CICS regions (address
spaces).

We have a storage area that we obtain at the first CICS address space
start up.  The area is referenced by all CICS regions - but only a couple
do any actual updating.  The code we use for this is --

 LA    R1,SVCSAVE               HOLD AREA FOR SVC 255
 SVC   255                      GET INTO SUP. STATE WITH KEY 0
 STORAGE OBTAIN,LENGTH=20480,SP=241,KEY=9
 ST    R1,MVSCSADR              STORE AREA ADDR. IN CSAEXT
 IC    R11,=X'80'
 SPKA  0(R11)                   CHANGE TO KEY 8 CICS
 MODESET MODE=PROB              SWITCH TO PROBLEM STATE

It appears to fail on the STORAGE OBTAIN when we tried using the
default setting.  We have since changed it to "YES"

I get to figure out the best way to change this because higher-ups want
us to be able to run with the default.

Subpool 241 is common csa, not fetch protected, pageable and system
owned.
I cannot find a subpool that is common, not fetched protected, pageable
and system owned.
I found a couple that are FIXED type.  Since this area is not that large
(20,480 bytes) I was thinking I could just use one of these.
Subpool 228 also says it is common CSA - I figure that will still cause a
problem with the ALLOWUSERKEYCSA parm.
There's a subpool 226 that says it is common SQA, not fetched
protected, system owned but is FIXED>

Do you think that might work?
Or do you have any suggestions as to the best way to have an area
available to multiple CICS address spaces, that is system owned, can
be updatable by only a couple of regions?

Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your time,
Diane Goodwin
IT Systems Programmer
Amica Insurance Company