Thanks for the responses. I neglected to mention that I am using a 30 second time on the getmsg. However, it still comes back with just the initial 'accepted' msg. I understand this time to be a maximum wait time and not a hard wait time.

As for system rexx, I'm not sure how that would change this behavior.

Bruce

Hello list,
I have a rexx that issues console commands and writes the responses to a dd after using getmsg to retrieve the response. Everything is good for MVS commands and JES2 commands if L=Z is included. Is there a similar option for VTAM commands? For D NET,<options>, I am only getting: IST097I DISPLAY ACCEPTED I've tried adding the CART parameter to my emcs console and the getmsg with same results.
Thanks,
Bruce Schaefer

--
/*