I had this problem with multi-line output from JES2 commands (e.g. $DSPOOL). I
was only getting the first line of the output. I opened an incident with IBM
and eventually we came up with the solution. I had to recursively re-issue the
AXRCMD command, minus the actual command itself. I went ahead and tried this
with a "D NET" command to see if this solution would work the same way.
Following is the system REXX code I used for the test. Following that, is the
results clipped out of the system log. I used the AXRWTO to just redisplay the
command output instead of parsing it out into variables.

System Rexx Code (QUERYTST):

/* REXX */
NUMERIC DIGITS 4
mycmd1  = 'D NET,ID=TRLDC,E'
result1 =  AXRCMD(mycmd1,netvar.,10);
If result1 = 0 Then
  Do While result1 = 0
    If netvar.0 > 1 Then
      Do linenum = 1 to netvar.0
        CALL AXRWTO 'System Rexx output line #'linenum  netvar.linenum
      End
    result1 = AXRCMD(,netvar.,4)            <==recursive to get all lines
  End
Else
  CALL AXRWTO 'D NET command failed. RC=' result1
Exit 00

Output from System Rexx EXEC (QUERYTST)

@QUERYTST
D NET,ID=TRLDC,E
IST097I DISPLAY ACCEPTED
IST075I NAME = TRLDC, TYPE = TRL MAJOR NODE 911
IST1314I TRLE = TRLDCA    STATUS = ACTIV       CONTROL = MPC
IST314I END
System Rexx output line #1  IST075I NAME = TRLDC, TYPE = TRL MAJOR NODE
System Rexx output line #2  IST1314I TRLE = TRLDCA    STATUS = ACTIV
   CONTROL = MPC
System Rexx output line #3  IST314I END

As you can see, I was able to capture all lines from the "D NET" command and
then redisplay them.

I hope this helps.

Mike Schmutzok

>>> On 4/7/2010 at 7:58 AM, in message <4bbc7350.6010...@gmail.com>, Bruce
>>> Schaefer <bruce.s...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for the responses. I neglected to mention that I am using a 30
second time on the getmsg. However, it still comes back with just the
initial 'accepted' msg.  I understand this time to be a maximum wait
time and not a hard wait time.

As for system rexx, I'm not sure how that would change this behavior.

Bruce

Hello list,
I have a rexx that issues console commands and writes the responses to a
dd after using getmsg to retrieve the response. Everything is good for
MVS commands and JES2 commands if L=Z is included.  Is there a similar
option for VTAM commands? For D NET,<options>, I am only getting:
IST097I DISPLAY ACCEPTED
I've tried adding the CART parameter to my emcs console and the getmsg
with same results.
Thanks,
Bruce Schaefer

--