On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 08:45:44 -0500, Dennis Trojak
<dennis.tro...@radioshack.com> wrote:

> We've been using the MLPA at DR IPL for many years for the same reason
>and it definitely works. No SYSRACF DD statement and no operator prompt.
>Doco for the BLDL states it will search LPA before the LNKLST.

First, are you sure you aren't MLPAing from a LINKLIST data set?

Second, none of the BLDL documentation I can find (or have ever found) says
it searches LPA, and I know we've had customers report problems in cases
like this.  I'd like to review the documentation you've found; I only see it
saying that it starts with the DCB the caller specifies (if any) and then
TASKLIB, and then proceeds to JOBLIB or STEPLIB and finally LINKLIST.

Thanks.

--
Walt Farrell, CISSP
IBM STSM, z/OS Security Design