Darth,

Yes, we are aiming to maintain both levels of migration.  Is this doable?

--- On Tue, 4/20/10, Darth Keller <darth.kel...@assurant.com> wrote:

From: Darth Keller <darth.kel...@assurant.com>
Subject: Re: DFHSM QUESTION - MOVING TO DASD FROM TAPE - ML2
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu

>>Because of incessant problems with tapes (3590-1) we are looking at
using DASD for ML2 migration as well as BACKUP.  Besides changing the
following >>commands is there something else I could have overlooked?
>>If anybody has been down this road I would appreciate it if you could
warn me of any potential problems that you have encountered.

If I understand this correctly, you're going to have 2 levels of migration
both on Disk?  Even if that's possible, what does it gain you?  Wouldn't
it make more sense to just have an ML1 and then no ML2? And again, I
question whether that's even possible with HSM.

I do seem to remember this same discussion in the past, so you should
probably check out the archives.  We're actually going the other route -
we're moving to a 'tapeless' virtual tape system & I'm eliminating ML1.

ddk

This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may
contain legally privileged and/or confidential information intended
solely for the use of the addressee(s). If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, forwarding or
other use of this message or its attachments is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete this message and all
copies and backups thereof. Thank you.