>Do you believe implementation services are required or at least highly
recommended?

No. Usually, PAV is an added cost, but PAV is so simple, I never saw the need
for 'implementation services'.

>Or is the reseller blowing smoke?

I would think so.

>Know any good
documentation for planning PAV implementation?

I implemented dynamic PAV in 2000, after the crisis.
We used the standard doc -- it was on a Shark.

You will have to look at HDS doc, for how to allocate it in their 'Storage
Advisor'.

The rest is 'simple':
Define the alias/base relationship in the IOCDS.
Turn on the flag in IODF.
Turn on the flag in WLM.
Sit back and watch.

If you have IOSQ issues before implementation, you will see noticible
improvement, afterwards.

Otherwise, use the RMF device activity data, before and after.
You can do the analysis using an RMF Device Activity Report.
But, it will be easier with MICS, MXG, or equivalent.

-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!