On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 12:33:48 -0400, Mackenzie, Bruce
<bruce.macken...@td.com> wrote:

>There is an HDS manual entitled
>
>Hitachi TagmaStore(r)
>Universal Storage Platform
>and Network Storage Controller
>Compatible PAV for IBM(r) z/OS(r) User's Guide
>(Includes PAV and Hyper PAV)
>
>which will help.  Basically as long as you have someone fluent enough in
STORNAV to set up the alias pools (for HYPERPAVs) the manual will help.  The
other part is that there is a corresponding device definition change that is
required on the MVS side.  You need to define base devices and alias devices
within a single LCU.  Personally I would recommend HYPERPAVs but then I
don't know your environment.  As well you may want to do a performance
analysis to determine the optimum base to alias ratio.

>I hope this helps.
>
>Bruce

Thank you that helps a lot!  And Ted, thank you too for your suggestions!  We
need to do this without costly implemenation services the resellar quoted us!