On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 08:28:29 -0700 (PDT), StevePratt
<steve_pr...@isp.state.il.us> wrote:

>I think the point here is that just because some tacks the word
>"language" onto a description is different   than the *true* meaning
>of defining a programming language.

Which is why I added the JCL comment, as few of us would call it a
language.

But are we right?   I don't know, words mean what people say they
mean.    I tend to object to people who use the term "database" as a
base for information - including libraries.   That's because my
business has a jargon with a more precise meaning that is more useful
to me.

"Language" is also a jargon word, which we use in a different way than
we find in most dictionaries.   Where can we find a dictionary that
shows the meaning that would include the languages we want to include,
but exclude those that others want to include?