From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Eric Bielefeld
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2010 12:45 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: 25 reasons why hardware is still hot at IBM

So Toronto hasn't lost many of its mainframes?  That's good to hear.  I suspect
that my experiences in Milwaukee are similar to a lot more people's on this
list than yours are.  Anyone care to comment?

You are correct in your statement that your (or my) personal experience doesn't
allow us to make general comments.  I do get the feeling that, mostly from this
list, that the number of mainframes is shrinking, at least across the US, even
though the processing power of the remaining processors in total is going up.

--
Eric Bielefeld