From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Jousma, David
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 9:47 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Time change this weekend.

Cletus,

The key to all this is that GMT=GMT on your system, and NOT GMT=LOCAL
time.
If the latter, you will have problems when you change time without
Waiting an hour.  Quite sometime ago IBM "time proofed" almost
Everything by using GMT(which doesn't change) for everything.  Of Course
there were some gotcha's, and there may still be, but from An OS
perspective, going backwards to standard time is no problem.

Dave

Dave Jousma
Principal Systems Programmer