From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Thompson, Steve
Sent: Sunday, May 02, 2010 4:04 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Calculate Tape Bytes to Tracks

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Ted MacNEIL
Sent: Sunday, May 02, 2010 4:00 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu

>someone will correct me if I am incorrect - but i believe that the
maximum
blocksize on DASD (3390-compatible) to assure 2 blocks per track is
27998

That is correct.
But, that is not the statement I was responding to.
IBM allows you to shoot yourself in the foot, and you can specify a
blocksize greater than 27998.

BTW, you can specify greater than 32760.
I specify 32767 with SMF data all the time on disk.

<SNIP>

Since you bring it up indirectly, shouldn't LBI allow for full track
writes?

Regards,
Steve Thompson