Thanks gentlemen, I think the boolean logic is wrong and explains why things
go wrong. The JCL and control stmts were, as already mentioned, generated
using the RMM ISPF function, but this function doesn't support generating
the required logic, as it accepts only the following conjugation operators:

AND
OR
AND(
)AND

To correct the problem using RMM ISPF I guess I would need to be able to
code OR( and ) or something similar for the values in pos 156. But until
that is possible, I'll just correct the JCL stream itself.
Thanks, Staffan