Captain Paralytic  wrote on 05/14/2010 09:24:59 AM:
>If I do something like
>
> OUTREC FIELDS=(1,80,576:X)
>
>then I will have an output record filled with spaces between
>position 81 and position 576
>
>If I do
>
> OUTREC FIELDS=(1,80,576:C'#')
>
>I'll get a # in position 576 but 81-575 will be space filled.
>
>Is there any way that I can change the "fill" character to
>other than spaces?

You can't change the "fill" character, but you can
fill the record with any character you like.  For
exmaple, if you want to fill 81-576 with C'#'
characters, you can use this DFSORT OUTREC statement:

 OUTREC BUILD=(1,80,496C'#')

or this one:

 OUTREC OVERLAY=(81:496C'#')

Frank Yaeger - DFSORT Development Team (IBM) - yae...@us.ibm.com
Specialties: JOINKEYS, FINDREP, WHEN=GROUP, ICETOOL, Symbols, Migration

 => DFSORT/MVS is on the Web at http://www.ibm.com/storage/dfsort/