Norman,  I did open an issue in March of 2009.  I received the run-around
from CA for three months and that combined with the fact that many third
party vendors stopped supporting CATCPaccess is what put the nail in the
coffin to goto the IBM CS software.
I have been running this software on the system since 1995 when Interlink
owned the product.  When Sterling Software took over the product some
stability issues started with the software.  You have cycle the task every
week to keep it going.  Those issues were never fixed.  And then a new issue
with STN3270 started about 2009.

One nice feature is that it does not need USS constructs to run (i.e. UID,
default group, etc.) just a simple facility entry in the users security
profile can control who gets access.  But it does have it's hooks in USS
with the T010PFSA module.