John,

When I issued the command D SMS,vol(volser) returned the following

-D SMS,VOL(FR0369) CBR1180I OAM tape volume status: 311 VOLUME MEDIA STORAGE LIBRARY USE W C SOFTWARE LIBRARY TYPE GROUP NAME ATR P P ERR STAT CATEGORY

FR0369 MEDIA4 ROBO ROBO P N N NOERROR CONEJECT

RECORDING TECH: 256 TRACK COMPACTION: YES
SPECIAL ATTRIBUTE:  NONE             ENTER/EJECT DATE:   2010-01-15

CREATION DATE: 2010-01-15 EXPIRATION DATE:
LAST MOUNTED DATE:  2010-03-18       LAST WRITTEN DATE:  2010-03-18

SHELF LOCATION: OWNER:

Eject/Export operation in progress in library.
The message of the library is that the volume is being released on the shelf and it does not.

John Kelly escreveu:
<snip>
... we have a volume within 3494 library that is not identified by 3494 library ...
</snip>

It really looks like the ATL, or at least the TCDB, knows about the volume, since you did not get:

CBR1064I Command rejected. Volume serial number VOLSER undefined. What does SMS display or AMS list indicate about the volume? If nothing there, what 3494 'category' is the tape in?

Jack Kelly
202-502-2390 (Office)

Hélio José da Silva
Depto. Software Básico