Nick Jones wrote:
Mark,
Sorry to pick up on this old post but we have just upgraded from z/OS 1.9 to z/OS 1.11 and, like you, take advantage of screen sizes in excess of 62x160.

We have the same problem with ISPF 6.1 as you had with ISPF 6.0. i.e.
TSO obeys the terminal setting of 86x190, as does SELCOPY/i when run directly from TSO, but ISPF switches to MOD 2.

Did you manage to get a solution (or an explination) from IBM ?

Every 3270 display has two sizes: the default (or primary) size and the alternate size. I'm running with 90x80 default size and 90x142 alternate size without issues.

ISPF's behaviors are driven by the "Terminal Characteristics" on the "ISPF Settings" panel. You get to that panel by issuing the SETTINGS command. It contains:

|Terminal Characteristics
|  Screen format   3  1. Data    2. Std     3. Max     4. Part

If you are unable to set a usable default screen size, i.e., one considerably bigger than 24x80 preferably with the same number of rows as your alternate size, then I recommend Choosing "3. Max" as illustrated above.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc