Binyamin Dissen wrote:
>:>Indeed. On the flip side, not every Y2K bug was worth fixing. At NSF
>:>we had a monitor that showed the date as 19100; the only real effect
>:>that bug had was to provoke the occasional chuckle.
>
>So it was smart enough to know that it needed 3 digits for the end part of
the
>year, but then it concatenated the string '19' in front?

Perhaps, but AFAIK, such systems stored the year in two fields. One field was
used for century and another field for 2 digit year.

In this case I suspect, it was stored as x'13' for 19 in one field for century
and
another field x'64' for year. In such systems, the year 2000 should be
stored/adjusted as x'14' and x'00'. Or perhaps fixed to have one field for year.

Then you get that formatting errors too resulting in 5 bytes of display
values...

Are those monitors fixed at this time? ;-D

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht