From: "Charles Mills" <charl...@mcn.org>
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2010 7:07:58 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Re: Of interest to the Independent Contractors on the list

Um ... the Y2K "thingie" was real. Without the efforts of a lot of the
people on this list data processing as we know it WOULD have come to an end.

You're falling into the "that saw doesn't need that safety guard" fallacy:
"That saw doesn't need that safety guard ... no one has cut a finger off in
it for years."

And yes, states ARE looking to crack down on "independent" contractors. Easy
money in this time of crunch.

Charles