Do you have  SYSTEM IEFBR14_DELMIGDS(NORECALL)  set on your z/OS 1.11 system?

My point with mentioning OA31970 was a more general observation that there
are problably some number of problems with IEFBR14_DELMIGDS(NORECALL).  It
is also possible that the brand new fix (May 2010) for OA31970 will fix your
problem in addition to the problem described in the APAR.

On the other hand, if you have  SYSTEM IEFBR14_DELMIGDS(LEGACY)  set, then I
would agree that OA31970 does not apply.

Brian